Global Sustainable Tourism Council -GSTC- Annual General Meeting
Join us for the 5th Annual General Meeting (AGM) featuring keynotes from industry leaders, updates for the GSTC Board, education sessions and more. This year’s AGM will be hosted by long-time member Huangshan Scenic Area, China (HSAC). The AGM will begin on Thursday September 10th with an Evening Reception and Dinner. Friday September 11th will be a full day of presentations, round table discussions, and workshops. On Saturday September 12th, HSAC is offering a morning sunrise tour of Mt Huangshan, followed by afternoon AGM sessions. Registration costs will include transfers to the hotel, meals, meeting registration fees, Mt Huangshan sightseeing, and hotel room.
This is an exciting opportunity for GSTC Members and Industry Leaders to: network and share ideas with top sustainable tourism leaders, learn and discuss how GSTC Standards fit into your organization, see hands on how GSTC Early Adopter participant HSAC has improved their sustainable tourism plan, stay at an IHG Green Engage Hotel.
Who: GSTC Members and other sustainable tourism experts and stakeholders
What: GSTC Annual General Meeting
When: September 10-13, 2015
Where: Huangshan, China
Participate: Registration costs include: 3 nights accommodation at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Yucheng Hotel in Huangshan City; 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners; Morning sightseeing at Mt Huangshan; transfers from *designated airports and trains to the hotel; AGM registration fees.
For Register and more information about the event, click here.
*Designated airports and train stations for transfers are listed below:
- Huangshan train station
- Huangshan airport (TXN, with connections from many regional gateways, including Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei)
- Hangzhou train station (allow 3 hours travel time)
- Hangzhou airport (HGH) (allow 3 hours travel time)
- Hefei airport (HFE) (allow 4 hours travel time)
- Opening remarks by GSTC Board Chair Luigi Cabrini and Huangshan Mayor and HSAC Director Mr. Kong Xiaohong
- GSTC Current and Future priorities presented by CEO Randy Durband
- Sustainable Destination Management panel discussion led by Jonathan Tourtellot of National Geographic and GSTC’s Destination Stewardship Working Group
- Consultation Workshop on the development of a new set of GSTC Criteria designed for national and provincial standards – allowing sustainable tourism experts and stakeholders to provide their input into GSTC Criteria development and revisions
- Workshop on China Mountain Tourism sustainable management
- Presentation on IHG Hotel Group’s “Green Engage” program, which includes our host Crowne Plaza Yucheng Huangshan Hotel
- Workshop for attendees to provide input on GSTC’s strategic directions
- Extensive networking opportunities
Publicado el 07/09/2015 en NOTICIAS SOBRE TURISMO RESPONSABLE y etiquetado en responsible tourism, sustainable tourism, tourism, tourisme durable, travel, TURISMO RESPONSABLE, turismo sostenible, viajar, voyage. Guarda el enlace permanente. Deja un comentario.